|←Author Index: Mo||John Morley
Fortnightly Review (1867 to 1882) and Pall Mall Gazette (1880–83); British politician; 1st Viscount Morley of Blackburn
Editor of |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. M-y."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. Mo."
- Machiavelli, in Romanes Lecture series, (1897)
- The Life of William Ewart Gladstone
- The Life of John Cobden
- The Life of Oliver Cromwell
- Aphorisms — an address delivered before the Edinburgh Philosophical Institution, November 11, 1887
- Studies in Literature
- “Cobden, Richard,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Contributions to 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica
Works about Morley
- “John Morley,” in Eminent English liberals in and out of Parliament, by John Morrison Davidson (1880)
- “Morley of Blackburn, John Morley, Viscount”, by Hugh Chisholm in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Morley, John,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- George Earle Buckle, “Morley of Blackburn, John Morley, Viscount,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.