Author:John Parsons Earwaker
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ea||John Parsons Earwaker
|FSA; antiquary. Founder and honorary secretary of the Record Society of Lancashire and Cheshire|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. P. E."
- Notes on the Life of Dr. John Hewytt, a Lancashire Worthy (1877)
- East Cheshire: Or, A History of the Hundred of Macclesfield, in the County Palatine of Chester. From Original Records (1877 & 1881) in 2 vols.
- Manchester, Eng. Court-leet, The Court leet records of the manor of Manchester, from the year 1552 to the year 1686, and from the year 1731 to the year 1846 (1884) in 12 volumes (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
- The will of warden Huntingdon, 1458 (1886)
- A Lancashire Pedigree Case: Or, A History of the Various Trials for the Recovery of the Harrison Estates, from 1873 to 1886 (1887)
- The Recent Discoveries of Roman Remains Found in Repairing the North Wall of the City of Chester (1888)
- The History of the Ancient Parish of Sandbach, Co. Chester: Including the Two Chapelries of Holmes Chapel and Goostry. From Original Records (1890)
- Bell-founders in Lancashire and Cheshire and the adjacent counties, in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries; a paper, read before the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire, 6th March, 1890 (1892) (external scan)
Works about Earwaker
- "Earwaker, John Parsons," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Obituary: John Parsons Earwaker," in The Times (1895)
- "Earwaker, John Parsons," in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.