Author:John Pendleton Kennedy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ke||John Pendleton Kennedy
|American novelist and Whig politician|
- The Red Book (1818–19, two volumes).
- Swallow Barn: Or, A Sojourn in the Old Dominion (1832). §
- Horse-Shoe Robinson: A Tale of the Tory Ascendency in South Carolina, in 1780 (1835).
- Rob of the Bowl: A Legend of St. Inigoe's (1838). §
- Annals of Quodlibet [under pen-name Solomon Secondthoughts] (1840).
- Defence of the Whigs [under pen-name A Member of the Twenty-seventh Congress] (1844).
- Memoirs of the Life of William Wirt (1849, two volumes).
- The Great Drama: An Appeal to Maryland, Baltimore, reprinted from the Washington National Intelligencer of May 9, 1861.
- The Border States: Their Power and Duty in the Present Disordered Condition of the Country (1861).
- Autograph Leaves of Our Country's Authors (1864) co-edited by John P. Kennedy and Alexander Bliss
- Mr. Paul Ambrose's Letters on the Rebellion [under pen-name Paul Ambrose] (1865).
- Collected Works of John Pendleton Kennedy (1870–72, ten volumes).
- At Home and Abroad: A Series of Essays: With a Journal in Europe in 1867–68 (1872, essays).
§ Published under Kennedy's pen-name Mark Littleton.
Works about Kennedy
- "John Pendleton Kennedy" in Southern Life in Southern Literature (1917) by Maurice Garland Fulton (Ed.)
- Bohner, Charles H. (1961), John Pendleton Kennedy, Gentleman from Baltimore, Baltimore: Johns Hopkins.
- Gwathmey, Edward Moseley (1931), John Pendleton Kennedy, New York: Thomas Nelson.
- Hare, John L. (2002), Will the Circle be Unbroken?: Family and Sectionalism in the Virginia Novels of Kennedy, Caruthers, and Tucker, 1830—1845, New York: Routledge.
- Ridgely, Joseph Vincent (1966), John Pendleton Kennedy, New York: Twayne.
- Tuckerman, Henry Theodore (1871), The Life of John Pendleton Kennedy, Collected Works of Henry Theodore Tuckerman, Volume 10, New York: Putnam.