Author:John Phillips (1800-1874)
|←Author Index: Ph||John Phillips
|An English geologist.|
- A guide to geology, 1834 external scan
- Illustrations of the geology of Yorkshire, 1829 external scan
- A Treatise on Geology, first edition 1837, new edition 1852.
- Memoirs of William Smith, author of the "Map of the strata of England and Wales", 1844 external scan
- The rivers, mountains, and seacoast of Yorkshire. 1853 external scan
- Manual of geology: practical and theoretical, 1855 external scan
- Life on the earth: its origin and succession, 1860 external scan
- Vesuvius, 1869 external scan
- Geology of Oxford and the valley of the Thames, 1871 external scan
Works about Philips
- “Phillips, John (1800-1874),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.