Author:John Phillips (1800-1874)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ph||John Phillips
- A guide to geology, 1834 (external scan)
- Illustrations of the geology of Yorkshire, 1829 (external scan)
- A Treatise on Geology, first edition 1837, new edition 1852.
- Memoirs of William Smith, author of the "Map of the strata of England and Wales", 1844 (external scan)
- The rivers, mountains, and seacoast of Yorkshire. 1853 (external scan)
- Manual of geology: practical and theoretical, 1855 (external scan)
- Life on the earth: its origin and succession, 1860 (external scan)
- Vesuvius, 1869 (external scan)
- Geology of Oxford and the valley of the Thames, 1871 (external scan)
Works about Philips
- "Phillips, John (1800-1874)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.