Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pr||John Pringle
|Bt.; Scottish physician, known as "the father of military medicine"; president of the Royal Society|
- De Marcore Senili (inaugural diss.), Leyden, 1730, 4to.
- Observations on the Nature and Cure of Hospital and Jayl Fevers, London, 1750, 8vo.
- Observations on the Diseases of the Army, London, 1752, 8vo; 7th edit. 1782; last edit. 1810.
- Six Discourses delivered at the Royal Society, on occasion of the Annual Assignment of the Copley Medal; with Life of the Author by Andrew Kippis, D.D., London, 1783, 8vo.
Scientific Papers in Philosophical Transactions
- "Experiments upon Septic and Antiseptic Substances, with Remarks relating to their Use in the Theory of Medicine," 1750, vol. xlvii.
- "Account of several Persons seized with the Gaol Fever, working at Newgate," 1753, vol. xlviii.
Works about Pringle