Author:John Quincy Adams
|←Author Index: Ad||John Quincy Adams
|John Calhoun, succeeding James Monroe; succeeded by Andrew Jackson. Federalist House Representative from Massachusetts (1831–1848), eighth Secretary of State (1817–1825), Ambassador to the United Kingdom (1815–1817), Ambassador to Russia (1809–1814), Federalist Senator from Massachusetts (1803–1808), Ambassador to Prussia (1797–1801), Ambassador to the Netherlands (1794–1797). Son of second United States President John Adams.Sixth President of the United States (1825–1829), with|
- Memoirs of John Quincy Adams, comprising portions of his diary from 1795 to 1848 (1874), edited by his son Charles Francis Adams. Numerous scans on Internet Archive.
- Volume 1
- Volume 2
- Volume 3
- Volume 4
- Volume 5
- Volume 6
- Volume 7
- Volume 8 Internet Archive identifier : memoirsofjohnqui08adam
- Volume 9
- Volume 10
- Volume 11
- Volume 12
- Inaugural Address (4 March 1825)
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1825)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1826)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1827)
- Fourth State of the Union address (2 December 1828)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about John Quincy Adams
- “Adams, John Quincy” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- “Adams, John Quincy” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Adams, John Quincy,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Adams, John Quincy” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Adams, John Quincy”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- John Fiske, "John Quincy Adams" in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914 (1914) which is based on “Adams, John Quincy,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- “Adams, John Quincy,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Adams, John Quincy,” by Forrest Morgan in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Adams, John Quincy,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)