Author:John Quincy Adams
|←Author Index: Ad||John Quincy Adams
|John Calhoun, succeeding James Monroe; succeeded by Andrew Jackson. Federalist House Representative from Massachusetts (1831 - 1848), eighth Secretary of State (1817 - 1825), Ambassador to the United Kingdom (1815 - 1817), Ambassador to Russia (1809 - 1814), Federalist Senator from Massachusetts (1803 - 1808), Ambassador to Prussia (1797 - 1801), Ambassador to the Netherlands (1794 - 1797). Son of second United States President John Adams.Sixth President of the United States (1825 – 1829), with|
- Inaugural Address (4 March 1825)
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1825)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1826)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1827)
- Fourth State of the Union address (2 December 1828)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about John Quincy Adams
- “Adams, John Quincy” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- “Adams, John Quincy” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Adams, John Quincy,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Adams, John Quincy” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Adams, John Quincy” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- John Fiske, "John Quincy Adams" in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914 (1914) which is based on “Adams, John Quincy,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Adams, John Quincy,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Adams, John Quincy” by Forrest Morgan in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Adams, John Quincy,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.