Author:John Russell (1792-1878)
(Redirected from Author:John Russell, 1st Earl Russell)Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Russell.
|←Author Index: Ru||John Russell
|British Whig and Liberal statesman who served twice as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1846 to 1852 and from 1865 to 1866.|
- Resolutions intended to be proposed by Lord John Russell, in a committee of the whole house, relative to the affairs of Canada (March 2, 1837)
- Finality Speech (20 November 1837)
- The Annexation of Cracow (4 March 1847)
- Memoirs, Journal, and Correspondence
- Life of Moore
- A letter to the Right Hon. Chichester Fortescue, M.P. on the state of Ireland (1868)
Works about Russell
- "Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- “Russell, John (1792-1878),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Russell, John, Earl," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- "Finality John," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)