Author:John Seely Hart
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A Brief Exposition of the Constitution of the United States for the Use of Common Schools
- An Elementary Grammar of the English Language: With an Analysis of the Sentence
- Class Book of Poetry: Consisting of Selections from Distinguished English and American Poets, From Chaucer to the Present Day
- Class Book of Prose: Consisting of Selections from Distinguished English and American Authors, From Chaucer to the Present Day
- Elements of Universal History, on a New and Systematic Plan
- Epitome of Greek and Roman Mythology (note: this text is in Latin)
- An Essay on the Life and Writings of Edmund Spenser, With a Special Exposition of the Fairy Queen
- The Female Prose Writers of America: With Portraits, Biographical Notices, and Specimens of their Writings (transcription project)
- First Lessons in Composition
- Language Lessons for Beginners
- A Manual of American Literature: A Text-book for Schools and Colleges
- A Manual of Composition and Rhetoric: A Text-book for Schools and Colleges
- In the School-room: Chapters in the Philosophy of Education
- Mistakes of Educated Men
- Punctuation and the Use of Capital Letters
- A Short Course in Literature, English and American
- Thoughts on sabbath-schools
- The Sunday-school Idea: An Exposition of the Principles which Underlie the Sunday-School Cause
Biographies of John S. Hart
This article incorporates text from Necrological Reports and Annual Proceedings of the Alumni Association of Princeton Theological Seminary. Volume I, 1875-1889. Princeton: C. S. Robinson & Co., University Printers, 1891. See pages 29-30. .
- Barnard, Henry, ed. "John S. Hart, Principal of the Philadelphia High School." Reprinted in The American Journal of Education vol. 5. Hartford, Conn.: F.C. Brownell, 1858. Pages 91-106. .
- Brown, John Howard, ed. The Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans, "Hart, John Seely." Boston: The Biographical Society, 1904. .
- Gilman, Daniel Coit, ed. The New International Encyclopædia, "Hart, John Seeley." [sic] New York: Dodd, Mead, and Company, 1903. .
- M'Clintock, John & Strong, James. Cyclopædia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, "Hart, John Seely." New York: Harper & Brothers, 1889. .
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.