Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: So||John Southward
|English authority on the history and processes of printing. Variously editor of 'Printers' Register' & 'Paper and Printing Trades Journal'|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "J. So."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. So."
- Dictionary of Typography and its Accessory Arts (1872)
- Authorship and Publication (1881)
- Practical Printing: a Handbook of the Art of Typography (1882)
- Artistic Painting (1892)
- Progress in Printing and the Graphic Arts during the Victorian Era (1897)
- Modern Printing (1898-1900), in four illustrated sections
- “Typography” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888). (Modern Practical Typography (in part))
- "Typography," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (Modern Practical Typography (in part))