Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Tr||John Trusler
|eccentric English divine, literary compiler, and medical empiric|
- The Difference between Words esteemed Synonyms, in the English Language; and the proper choice of them determined (1766) (anon.), in 2 vols.
- Hogarth Moralized. Being a complete edition of Hogarth's Works. Containing near fourscore copperplates (1768)
- Chronology: or, a concise view of the Annals of England (1769)
- Principles of Politeness,’ being a compilation from ‘Lord Chesterfield's Letters (1775)
- A descriptive Account of the Islands lately discovered in the South Seas. … With some Account of the Country of Camchatka (1778)
- Practical Husbandry, or the Art of Farming, with certainty of gain (1780)
- Luxury no Political Evil [1780?]
- Poetic Endings, or a Dictionary of Rhymes, single and double (1783)
- A concise View of the Common and Statute Law of England (1784)
- The Sublime Reader, or the Morning & Evening Services of the Church so pointed … as to display all the Beauty and Sublimity of the Language (1784)
- Compendium of Useful Knowledge (1784)
- The London Adviser and Guide (1786)
- The Honours of the Table, or Rules for Behaviour during Meals; with the whole Art of Carving (1788)
- A Compendium of Useful Knowledge (1788)
- The Habitable World described (1788–97), in 20 vols.
- The Progress of Man and Society [1790?]
- Proverbs Exemplified, and illustrated by pictures from real life (1790)
- Monthly Communications,’ a periodical publication, 1793.
- The Way to be Rich and Respectable (1796)
- A Compendium of Sacred History (1797)
- A System of Etiquette (1804)
- Detached Philosophic Thoughts of the best Writers, ancient and modern, on Man, Life, Death, and Immortality, in 2 vols.
- A Sure Way to lengthen Life with Vigor; particularly in Old Age; the result of Experience. Written by Dr. Trusler at the age of 84 (1819), in 2 vols.
- Modern Times, or the Adventures of Gabriel Outcast (1785), (anon.), in 3 vols.
- Life, or the Adventures of William Ramble, Esq. (1793), (anon.), in 3 vols.
Works about Trusler