Author:John Wesley Hales
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ha||John Wesley Hales
|Professor of English Literature at King's College, London |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. W. H."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. W. H."
- "Who Is My Neighbour?" in The Welcome Guest, 1 (1860) (external scan)
- "The Leper" in Once a Week, Series 1, 2 (1860)
- Longer English Poems (1884) (external scan)
- Notes and Essays on Shakespeare (1884) (external scan)
- Essays and Notes on Shakespeare (1892) (external scan)
- Folia Litteraria: Essays and Notes on English Literature (1893) (external scan)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900
- Complete Works of Edmund Spenser: A Variorum Edition (1893) 
Works about Hales
- "Obituary: Prof. John Wesley Hales," in The Times (1914)
- "Hales, John Wesley," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "HALES, John Wesley". Who's Who,. vol. 59: p. 759. 1907.