Author:John William Draper
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Dr||John William Draper
|English-born American scientist|
- Experiments on absorption, 1836 (short work)
- Introductory lecture to the course of chemistry, 1841
- Elements of Chemistry, 1842.
- A treatise on the forces which produce the organization of plants, 1844
- Text-Book on Chemistry. For the Use of Schools and Colleges. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1846
- Text-Book on Natural Philosophy. 1847.
- An introductory lecture on phosphorus, 1847
- An introductory lecture on oxygen gas, 1848
- The influence of physical agents on life, 1850
- Human Physiology, Statistical and Dynamical; or, the Conditions and Course of the Life of Man. 1856.
- The historical influence of the medical profession, 1863
- Thoughts on the Future Civil Policy of America. 1865.
- A text-book on physiology, 1866
- Scientific Memoirs; Being Experimental Contributions to a Knowledge of Radiant Energy. 1878.
- History of the American Civil War, 3 vols. (1867-70)
- History of the Conflict Between Religion and Science (1874)
- History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, 2 vols. (1864)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Draper