Author:John Wright (1811-1846)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Wright.
|←Author Index: Wr||John Wright
|American medical doctor and botanist. Professor of Vegetable and Animal Physiology at Rensselaer Institute. Member of Yale College Natural History Society. State Botanist in the Geological Commission of Michigan.|
- A catalogue of plants, growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Troy, with James Hall, (1836)
- "Report of Doct. John Wright, Botanist of the Geological Survey, Detroit, January 1st, 1839, to Douglas Houghton State Geologist" in Documents accompanying the Journal of the House of Representatives of the State of Michigan (1939). Reprinted in Transactions of the Michigan State Agricultural Society (1856).
- North American botany: comprising the native and common cultivated plants north of Mexico, with Amos Eaton (8th ed. 1840)
Works about Wright
- "Wright, John (1811–1846)" in A cyclopedia of American medical biography by Howard A. Kelly M.D., Vol. 2. (1912), pp. 532, 533.
- "Wright, John," in American Medical Biographies, (ed.) by Howard A. Kelly & Walter L. Burrage, Baltimore: The Norman, Remington Co. (1920)