Author:Joshua Girling Fitch
|←Author Index: Fi||Sir Joshua Girling Fitch
English educationist; HM Inspector of Training Colleges
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. G. F-h."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. G. F."
- The art of questioning (c1879) 
- The art of teaching ([18--?]) rev. ed.
- Notes on American schools and training colleges (1890) 
- Thomas and Matthew Arnold and their influence on English education (1897) 
- “Arnold, Matthew”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
- “Lancaster, Joseph”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Polytechnic”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911 (in part)
- “Thring, Edward”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- Lectures on teaching delivered in the University of Cambridge during the Lent term, 1880 (1883) 
- Educational aims and methods : lectures and addresses (1900) 
Works about Fitch
- “Fitch, Joshua Girling,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- Sir Joshua Fitch: an Account of his Life and Work, by Rev. A. L. Lilley (1906) (External scan)