Author:Josiah Dwight Whitney
|←Author Index: Wh||Josiah Dwight Whitney
|United States geologist, professor of geology at Harvard University (from 1865), and chief of the California Geological Survey (1860–1874)|
- “Whitney, Josiah Dwight” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Whitney, Josiah Dwight,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- “Whitney, Josiah Dwight,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Whitney, Josiah Dwight”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Whitney, Josiah Dwight,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Whitney, Josiah Dwight,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)