- 1885. The Religious Aspect of Philosophy: A Critique of the Bases of Conduct and of Faith
- 1886. California: From the Conquest in 1846 to the Second Vigilance Committee in San Francisco
- 1892. The Spirit of Modern Philosophy: An Essay in the Form of Lectures
- 1897. The Conception of God, a Philosophical Discussion concerning the Nature of the Divine Idea as a Demonstrable Reality
- 1898. Studies of Good and Evil: A Series of Essays upon Problems of Philosophy and of Life
- 1899. The World and the Individual, First Series: The Four Historical Conceptions of Being
- 1900. The Conception of Immortality
- 1901. The World and the Individual, Second Series: Nature, Man, and the Moral Order
- 1903. Outlines of Psychology: an elementary treatise, with some practical applications
- 1904. Herbert Spencer: An Estimate and a Review
- 1908. The Philosophy of Loyalty
- 1908. Race Questions, Provincialism and Other American Problems
- 1912. The Sources of Religious Insight.
- 1911. William James and Other Essays on the Philosophy of Life
- 1913. The Problem of Christianity.
- 1914. War and Insurance
- 1916. The Hope of the Great Community
- 1919. Lectures on Modern Idealism edited by J. Loewenberg. Yale University Press.
- 1920. Fugitive Essays
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Articles in The Philosophical Review
Works about Royce
- “The Foundation in Royce's Philosophy for Christian Theism”, by Mary Whiton Calkins, published in The Philosophical Review, 1916-05-01 and includes a letter in response written by Royce.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse