Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ma||Martin Madan
|British Anglican clergyman; rose to notoriety with the publication of a treatise defending polygamy as a remedy to "female ruin"|
- Psalms & Hymns, 1760
- "Hail, Thou Once Despised Jesus", additions to original by
- Thelyphthora: A Treatise on Female Ruin, 1780
- A New and Literal Translation of Juvenal and Persius, 1789
Works about Madan
- "Madan, Rev. Martin," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Madan, Martin," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.