Author:Montague Rhodes James
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ja||Montague Rhodes James
British medieval scholar; Provost of King's College, Cambridge; best remembered today for his ghost stories
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "M. R. J."
- Ghost Stories of an Antiquary (1904)
- More Ghost Stories of an Antiquary (1911)
- A Thin Ghost and Others (1919) (External scan)
- A Warning to the Curious and Other Ghost Stories (1925)
Other short stories
- There Was A Man Dwelt By a Churchyard (1924)
- Wailing Well (1928)
- Rats (1929)
- The Experiment (1931)
- The Malice of Inanimate Objects (1933)
- A Vignette (1936)
- The Five Jars – Copyrighted in the United States until 2021
- The Lost Apocrypha of the Old Testament, 1920.
- The Apocryphal New Testament – Copyrighted in the United States until 2020, and from this:
- (ed.) De Nugis Curialium (1914)