Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A Sweet Pastoral
- Aglaia: a Pastoral
- Phyllida and Corydon
- Astrophel's Song of Phyllida and Corydon
- A Pastoral of Phyllis and Corydon
- Corydon's Supplication to Phyllis
- A Report Song in a Dream, between a shepherd and his nymph
- Another of the Same
- A Shepherd's Dream
- A Quarrel with Love
- A Sweet Contention between Love, his Mistress, and Beauty
- "Those eyes that hold the hand of every heart"
- Sonnet: "The worldly prince doth in his sceptre hold"
- A Sweet Lullaby
- The Wil of Wit (1589) in Elizabethan & Jacobean Pamphlets
- An Old Man's Lesson and a Young Man's Love (1605) [attribution doubtful]
Works about Breton
- "Nicholas Breton," in The Lives and Characters of the English Dramatick Poets (p. 12), by Gerard Langbaine, London: Thomas Leigh (1698)
- "Breton, Nicholas," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Breton, Nicholas," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Breton, Nicholas," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.