Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: By||Oliver Byrne
|Byrne was a mathematician and Her Majesty's Surveyor of the Falklands Islands.|
- The Practical, complete and correct Gager, containing a description of Parker and Byrne's patent Calculating Instruments; with their use and application, Bailey (London), 1840
- The Fifth Book of Euclid simplified, 1841.
- The First Six Books of the Elements of Euclid in which coloured diagrams and symbols are used instead of letters for the greater ease of learners, 1847 (transcription project)
- The Miscellaneous Mathematical Papers of OB, L. Maynard, ed. John Byrne, 1848.
- OB (ed) Appleton's Dictionary of machines, Mechanics, Engine work and Engineering, 2 vols, Daniel Appleton and Co., 1852.
- The Calculus of Form, 1870.
- The Creed of Saint Athanasius proved by a Mathematical parallel (a satire), 1859.
- Description and Use of the Byrnegraph, an instrument for multiplying, dividing and comparing lines, angles, surfaces and solids, Allard (London), 1846.
- Dual Arithmetic, A New Art, Bell & Daldy (London), 1865. (External scan)
- The Essential Elements of Practical Mechanics, based on the principal of work, designed for engineering students, Spon (London), 1868. (External scan)
- General Method of Solving Equations of all degrees, applied particularly to equations of the second, third, fourth and fifth, Spon (London), 1868. (External scan)
- The Geometry of Compasses, Lockwood (London), 1877.
- The Handbook for the Artisan, Mechanic, and Engineer, Collins (Philadelphia), 1853.
- How to Measure the Earth with the Assistance of Railroads, Currie and Bowman (Newcastle), 1838.
- Lectures on the Art and Science of War, Donahoe (Boston), 1853.
- New and Improved Systems of Logarithms, Day (London), 1838.
- Pocketbook for Railroad and Civil Engineers, Shepherd (New York), 1851.
- The Practical Metal-Worker's Assistant, Baird (Philadelphia), 1851. (External scan)
- The Practical Model Calculator, Baird (Philadelphia), 1852. (External scan)
- A Short Practical Treatise on Spherical Trigonometry, Valpy, 1835. (External scan)
- Spon's Dictionary of Engineering, Spon, 1869 - 1874.
- Tables of Dual Logarithms, Dual Numbers, and Corresponding Natural Numbers, Bell & Daldy, 1867 (External scan)
- Byrne's Treatise on navigation and nautical Astronomy, the author, 1875.
- The Young Dual Arithmetician, Bell & Daldy, 1865 (External scan)
- The Young Geometrician, or Practical geometry without compasses, Chapman and Hall (London), 1865.