|←Author Index: El||Oliver Ellsworth
|Chief Justice of the United States (1796-1800), appointed by President George Washington. He succeeded John Rutledge. His successor was John Marshall.3rd|
- New York v. Connecticut 4 U.S. 1 (1799)
- “Ellsworth, Oliver” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Ellsworth, Oliver,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Ellsworth, Oliver,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Ellsworth, Oliver,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)