|←Author Index: Wi||Owen Wister
|American writer and "father" of western fiction|
- Red men and white (1896)
- Lin McLean (1898)
- The Jimmyjohn boss, and other stories (1900)
- Ulysses S. Grant (1900)
- The Virginian, a horseman of the plains (1902)
- Philosophy 4: a story of Harvard university (1903)
- A journey in search of Christmas (1904)
- Lady Baltimore (1906)
- Mother (1907)
- Members of the family (1911)
- “Theodore Roosevelt” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- The Pentecost of calamity (1915)
- The seven ages of Washington; a biography (1917)
- Neighbors henceforth (1922)
- The new Swiss family Robinson. A tale for children of all ages (1922)
Works about Owen Wister
- “Wister, Owen,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Wister, Owen,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.