Author:Paget Jackson Toynbee
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: To||Paget Jackson Toynbee
|Dante scholar; described Toynbee as 'the most influential Dantean scholar of his time'British|
- Specimens of Old French (Cent. IX to Cent. XV) (1892).
- Historical French Grammar (1896).
- A dictionary of proper names and notable matters in the works of Dante (1898) (external scan)
- Dante Alighieri (1900) (external scan)
- Il Testo Wittiano della Divina Commedia riveduto (1900).
- Cary’s Dante, with introduction and notes (1900-2), in 3 vols.
- Dante Studies and Researches (1902)
- Dante in English literature from Chaucer to Cary (c. 1380-1844) (1909), in 2 vols.
- Concise Dictionary of Proper Names and Notable Matters in the Works of Dante (1914)
- Dante Studies (1921) (external scan)
- 'A Chronological List of English Translations from Dante from Chaucer to the present day' in The twenty-ninth annual report of the Dante Society (1906) (external scan)
- 'An unrecorded seventeenth century version of the Vita di Dante of Leonardo Bruni' in The twenty-ninth annual report of the Dante Society (Cambridge, Mass.) 1910 (1912)
- 'History of the letters of Dante from the fourteenth century to the present day' in The thirty-sixth annual report of the Dante Society (1919) (external scan)
- 'Dante in English art' in The thirty-eighth annual report of the Dante Society (Cambridge, Mass.) 1919 (1921)
- 'The Oxford Dante' in The forty-second, forty-third, and forty-fourth annual report of the Dante Society (Cambridge, Mass.) 1926 (1926)
- The letters of Horace Walpole, fourth earl of Orford (1903-5), in 16 vols.
- In the Footprints of Dante: A Treasury of Verse and Prose from the Works of Dante (1907)
- The Correspondence of Gray, Walpole, West and Ashton (1734-1771) (1915)
- Dantis Allegherii Epistolae: The Letters of Dante (1920) (external scan)
- Thomas Gray, Correspondence (1935), co-edited with Leonard Whibley