Author:Patrick Weston Joyce
|←Author Index: Jo||Patrick Weston Joyce
LL.D., T.C.D., M.R.I.A.; Commissioner for the Publication of the Ancient Laws of Ireland; Principal of the Government Training College, Marlborough Street, Dublin; President of the Royal Society of Antiquarians, Ireland.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "P. W. J."
- A hand-book of school management and methods of teaching (1867) 
- How to prepare for civil service competition, under the new regulations (1871) 
- Irish Names of Places (1869, 1873, 1913) in 3 vols. and multiple editions v.1 v.2 v.3
- Ancient Irish Music
- A Short History of Ireland to 1608 in multiple editions 
- A Child's History of Ireland
- Irish local names explained (1885) 
- A Social History of Ancient Ireland (1903) in 2 vols. 3rd ed (1920) v.1 3rd ed (1920) v.2
- A Concise History of Ireland: From the Earliest Times to 1837 (1893) in multiple editions 12th ed. 1903
- A grammar of the Irish language (1896) 
- A reading book in Irish history : for fourth standard (1901) 
- Atlas and cyclopedia of Ireland. Part I: A comprehensive delineation of the thirty-two counties, with a, map of each. Part II: The general history (1905) 
- The story of ancient Irish civilisation (1908) 
- English as we speak it in Ireland (1910) 
- Ireland and Scotland ([c1910]) 
- The wonders of Ireland and other papers on Irish subjects (1911) 
- Old Celtic Romances translated from the Gaelic (1879) 
Works about Joyce