|←Author Index: Lo||Percival Lowell
|Amy Lowell.Millionaire businessman, travel writer and amateur astronomer. He was the elder brother of|
Works by Lowell
- Mars. I. Atmosphere, May 1895 volume of The Atlantic Monthly
- Mars. II. The Water Problem, The Atlantic Monthly vol. 75 (June 1895): 749-758
- Mars. III. Canals, The Atlantic Monthly vol. 76 (July 1895): 106-119
- Mars. IV. Oases, The Atlantic Monthly vol. 76 (August 1895): 223-235.
- Mars (1895; 2nd ed., 1896)
- New observations of the planet Mercury (1897) OCLC 13307357all editions
- Maps of the planet (1898) OCLC 33326430all editions
- Physical and micrometric observations of Mars and the development and significance of its phenomena, with William H. Pickering OCLC 33326417all editions
- Observations of Mars, 1896 and 1897 (1900) OCLC 33326384all editions
- Observations of the planet Jupiter and its satellites, 1894 and 1895 (1900), OCLC 33326369all editions
- Mars on glacial epochs (1901) OCLC 46727332all editions
- The Solar System (1903) OCLC 575185all editions : now proofreading
- The Cartouches of Mars (1903) OCLC 20546491all editions
- Observations of the planet Mars during the oppositions of 1894- made at Flagstaff, Arizona (1905) OCLC 56489059all editions
- First photographs of the canals of Mars, Proceedings of the Royal Society: Mathematical and physical, ser. A, vol. 77, no. A515 (8 Feb. 1906)
- Mars and its Canals (1906) OCLC 1442219all editions  (appear to be the same edition)
- New photographs of Mars, taken by the astronomical expedition to the Andes and now first published (1907) OCLC 24632638all editions
- Mars as the Abode of Life, 1908 OCLC 1526909all editions (appear to be the same edition; the second is slightly larger and looks clearer; which should be uploaded?)
- The Evolution of Worlds, 1909 OCLC 1169395all editions proofreading index
- The plateau of the San Francisco peaks in its effect on tree-life (1909) OCLC 71118217all editions
- Our friends, the enemy. A discussion bearing on scientific ethics, with concrete illustrations (1909) OCLC 41580173all editions
- Die Selbstbildnisse der Planeten : [Vortr., geh. im Verein von Freunden der "Treptow-Sternwarte" ; Aus d. engl. Ms. ins Dtsch. übertr.] (1910) OCLC 72608032all editions
- Die Seele des fernen Ostens. (1911) OCLC 13111350all editions
- Spectroscopic proof of the repulsion by the sun of gaseous molecules in the tail of Halley's comet (1911) OCLC 49460405all editions
- Mars i zhiznʹ na nem (Russian, 1912) OCLC 63172241all editions
- The Origin of the Planets (1913) OCLC 13307374all editions
- Memoir on Saturn's Rings (1915?) OCLC 22530243all editions
Travel writing and Japan
- Korean photographs : the first photographs of their kind ever taken in Korea (1883-1884) OCLC 23013967all editions
- Chosön; the land of the morning calm : a sketch of Korea (1885) OCLC 5525403all editions
- A comparison of the Japanese and Burmese languages, Transactions of the Asiatic Society of Japan. Vol. 19, pt. 3.
- Esoteric Shinto, Transactions of the Asiatic Society of Japan. Vol. 21, p. 106-135, 152-197, 241-270; vol. 22, pt. 1, p. -26. OCLC 63836336all editions
- The Soul of the Far East 
- Occult Japan proofreading index
- Noto: An Unexplained Corner of Japan (1891) 
- The Overland Expedition of the Messrs. Jardine Amazon link
- Collected Writings on Japan and Asia, including Letters to Amy Lowell and Lafcadio Hearn, 5 vols., Tokyo: Edition Synapse. ISBN 978-4-901481-48-9 
- Lines on Oliver Wendell Holmes, (1895) OCLC 6897854all editions
- Sakura no Saku, poem presented in 1889 read at Harvard Commencement for Phi Beta Kappa
- Lines on his Mathematics Instructor, 1889
- Ontake, blank verse published in the 1893 Liber Scriptorum of the Author's Club of New York
- Augustus Lowell, 1901 address to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Lowell Oration to the Executive Committee of the Fourth of July Celebration, 1901. Flagstaff, Ariz. OCLC 3085258all editions
- Immigration versus the United States : an address delivered at Phoenix, Arizona, February 17, 1916, OCLC 68705088all editions
Works about Lowell
- “Lowell, Percival,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- Martians Build Two Immense Canals in Two Years, as it appeared in the 1911 New York Times based off Lowell's research
- Henry Morse Stephens collection; pamphlets on U.S. history OCLC 26760846all editions
- Percival Lowell: An Afterglow, 1921 by Louise Leonard
- “Lowell, Abbott Lawrence” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Lowell, Percival” in The Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York, 1918.
- “Lowell, Percival” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Lowell, Abbott Lawrence,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1916, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.