Author:Philip Gilbert Hamerton
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ha||Philip Gilbert Hamerton
Artist, art critic, author
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "P. G. H."
- “Line Engraving”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- “Wood Engraving”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
- "The Yellow Book, criticised" The Yellow Book, Volume 2 (1894).
- Etching and Etchers (1868)
- Painting in France after the Decline of Classicism (1869)
- The Intellectual Life (1873)
- Human Intercourse (1884)
- The Graphic Arts (1882)
- Landscape (1885)
- French and English (1889)
- Round my House
Works about Hamerton
- “Hamerton, Philip Gilbert,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons
- “Hamerton, Philip Gilbert”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- “Hamerton, Philip Gilbert,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.