|←Author Index: Sc||Philip Schaff
|Swiss-born, German-educated theologian and a historian of the Christian church, who, after his education, lived and taught in the United States.|
- History of the Christian Church in 8 volumes.
- Creeds of Christendom, with a History and Critical notes, volume I, volume II and volume III
- The Creeds of the Evangelical Protestant Churches
- The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, European edition.
- Ante-Nicene Fathers, credited as an editor along with Arthur Cleveland Coxe, Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson
- Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series I, as above
- Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Series II, as above
- Philip Schaff's Letter book, private correspondence from June 2, 1868 to August 26, 1881.
- “Melanchthon, Philipp” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
Works about Schaff
- “Schaff, Philip,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1892)
- “Schaff, Philip,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911