Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wh||Phillis Wheatley
|first published African American poet whose writings helped create the genre of African American literature|
- Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral 1773 (London: by A. Bell, for Cox and Berry, Boston)
- Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and Slave 1834
- "On being brought from Africa to America"
- "On the Death of Mr. Snider Murder'd by Richardson"
- "On Virtue"
- "To a Lady on the Death of Her Husband"
- "To His Excellency, General Washington" written for Washington, 1775
Works about Wheatley
- "Wheatley, Phillis," in The American Cyclopædia (1879)
- "Wheatley, Phillis," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- "Wheatley, Phillis," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Wheatley, Phillis," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)