|←Author Index: Wh||Phillis Wheatley
|The first published African American poet whose writings helped create the genre of African American literature.|
- Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral 1773 (London: by A. Bell, for Cox and Berry, Boston)
- Memoir and Poems of Phillis Wheatley, a Native African and Slave 1834
- "On being brought from Africa to America"
- "On the Death of Mr. Snider Murder'd by Richardson"
- "On Virtue"
- "To a Lady on the Death of Her Husband"
- "To His Excellency, General Washington" written for Washington, 1775
- “Wheatley, Phillis” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Wheatley, Phillis,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889.
- “Wheatley, Phillis,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Wheatley, Phillis” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.