Author:Richard Holt Hutton
(Redirected from Author:R. H. Hutton)
|←Author Index: Hu||Richard Holt Hutton
English journalist, writer and theologian
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "R. H. H."
- The National Review (1859) (External scan)
- Essays, Theological and Literary in 2 vols. (1st ed. 1871) (2nd ed. 1880) (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Sir Walter Scott (1878) (External scan)
- Holiday Rambles in Ordinary Places (1880) (External scan)
- Essays on Some of the Modern Guides of English Thought in Matters of Faith (1887) (External scan)
- Cardinal Newman (1891) (External scan)
- Criticisms on Contemporary Thought and Thinkers (1894) (External scan)
- Aspects of Religious and Scientific Thought (1899), with his niece, Elizabeth Mary Roscoe (External scan)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Hutton
- “Hutton, Richard Holt,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Hutton, Richard Holt,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Hutton, Richard Holt”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911