Author:Ralph Stockman Tarr
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ta||Ralph Stockman Tarr
Professor Physical Geography. Cornell University. Special Assistant of the U.S. Geological Survey
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "R. S. T."
Articles in 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica
- “Grand Canyon”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- “Hudson River”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- “New York”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911) (in part, with Newton Dennison Mereness and Walker Tallmadge Arndt)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- “Earthquake Phenomena,” in Popular Science Monthly, 27 (July 1885)
- “Sketch of Professor Alpheus Hyatt,” in Popular Science Monthly, 28 (December 1885)
- “Animal Life in the Gulf Stream,” in Popular Science Monthly, 35 (September 1889)
- “Watkins Glen and Other Gorges of the Finger Lake Region of Central New York,” in Popular Science Monthly, 68 (May 1906)
- “Tarr, Ralph Stockman,” in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)