|←Author Index: Wa||Richard Warner
F.S.A. Writer, Antiquarian and Divine; curate of St James, Bath 1794-1817, rector of Great Chalfield, Wilts 1809-57, vicar of Philips Norton with Charterhouse Hinton, Somerset 1817, of Timberscombe 1825, and Croscombe 1826, and rector of Chelwood, Somerset.|
Wrote a considerable number of topographical books based on his walks and his interest in Antiquarianism. His living came from Great Chalfield, but there is considerable doubt over whether he lived there. He was given the living by a Sir Harry Burrard Neale and never relinquished it.
- Nestley Abbey : a Gothic story (1785)
- A companion in a tour round Lymington (1789)
- Hampshire extracted from Domes-day book (1789)
- Antiquitates culinariae; or, Curious tracts relating to the culinary affairs of the Old English, with a preliminary discourse, notes, and illus. (1791)
- An attempt to ascertain the situation of the ancient Clausentum (1792)
- Topographical remarks relating to the South-western parts of Hampshire (1793)
- General view of the agriculture of the county of Hants (1794)
- The history of the Isle of Wight (1795)
- An illustration of the Roman antiquities discovered at Bath (1797)
- A Walk through Wales (1799)
- A walk through some of the western counties of England (1800)
- A Second Walk through Wales (1800)
- A tour through the northern counties of England, and the borders of Scotland (1802)
- Bath characters : or, sketches from life / by Peter Paul Pallet (1808)
- Sermons on the Epistles or Gospels for the Sundays throughout the year (including Christmas-Day and Good-Friday) for the use of families and country congregations... (1819)
- Illustrations, historical, biographical and miscellaneous, of the novels by the author of Waverley : with criticism, general and particular (1823)
Works about Warner
- “Warner, Richard,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886 by Foster, Joseph, Oxford: Parker and Co., 1888–1892.
- “Warner, Richard (1763-1857),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- Warner, Richard (1801 - 1832) from Clergy of the Church of England Database 1540-1835