Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wh||Richard Whately
|English logician, economist, and theologian who also served as Anglican Archbishop of Dublin|
- The Use and Abuse of Party Feeling in Religion
- Historic Doubts Relative to Napoleon Buonaparte (1819)
- Essays on some Peculiarities of the Christian Religion (1825)
- Logic (1826)
- Rhetoric (1828)
- Christian Evidences (1837)
- (ed.) Bacon's Essays
- (ed.) Paley's Evidences
Works about Whately
- "Whately, Richard," in A Compendium of Irish Biography, by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878)
- "Whately, Richard," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Whately, Richard," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Whateley, Richard," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)