Author:Robert DeCourcy Ward
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wa||Robert DeCourcy Ward
|American climatologist, author, and educator; first professor of climatology (Harvard University) in the USA. A.M. (Harvard); Fellow of Royal Meteorological Society, London|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "R. de C. W."
- Climate, considered especially in Relation to Man
- Practical exercises in elementary meteorology (1889) ([ttp://books.google.com/books?id=ScIxAAAAMAAJ external scan])
- Immigration Restriction League (1895)
- "Climate and Climatology," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Sometime Editor of American Meteorological Journal
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "A Year of Weather and Trade in the United States" in Popular Science Monthly, 61 (September 1902)
- "The Agricultural Distribution of Immigrants" in Popular Science Monthly, 66 (December 1904)
- "Changes of Climate" in Popular Science Monthly, 69 (November 1906)
- "The National Exposition at Rio de Janeiro" in Popular Science Monthly, 74 (February 1909)
- "Climate in Some of its Relations to Man" in Popular Science Monthly, 76 (March 1910), pp. 246−268
- "The Value of Non-Instrumental Weather Observations" in Popular Science Monthly, 80 (February 1912)
- "The Influence of Forests Upon Climate" in Popular Science Monthly, 82 (April 1913)
- "The War and the Weather During the First Three Months of the Fighting" in Popular Science Monthly, 85 (December 1914)
Works about Ward
- "WARD, Robert De Courcy". Who's Who in New England: p. 1109. 1915.