Author:Robert Lewis Dabney
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Da||Robert Lewis Dabney
|American Christian theologian, a Southern Presbyterian pastor, and Confederate Army chaplain. General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson's Staff officer & personal chaplain|
- “Colonel John B. Baldwin's Interview with Lincoln—A Memoir,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, June 1876
- SHSP volume 13 p.148-153 George W. Cable in the Century Magazine—A review by Rev. Robert Lewis Dabney. link
- Memoir of Rev. Dr. Francis S. Sampson (1855), whose commentary on Hebrews he edited (1857);
- Life of General Thomas J. Jackson (1866)
- A Defense of Virginia, and Through Her, of the South, in Recent and Pending Contests Against the Sectional Party (1867), an apologia for the Confederacy.
- Lectures on Sacred Rhetoric (1870)
- Syllabus and Notes of the Course of Systematic and Polemic Theology (1871; 2nd ed. 1878), later republished as Systematic Theology.
- Systematic Theology (1878)
- Sensualistic Philosophy of the Nineteenth Century Examined (1875; 2nd ed. 1887)
- Practical Philosophy (1897)
- Penal Character of the Atonement of Christ Discussed in the Light of Recent Popular Heresies (1898, posthumous), on the satisfaction view of the atonement.
- Discussions (1890–1897), Four volumes of his shorter essays, edited by C. R. Vaughan.