|←Author Index: To||Robert Torrens
|Robert Richard TorrensColonel in Royal Marines, of Irish extraction; political economist, MP, owner of the influential Globe newspaper and prolific writer, father of the politician|
- The Economists Refuted, 1808
- Celibia Choosing a Husband (1809), a novel
- An Essay on Money and Paper Currency, 1812.
- An Essay on the External Corn Trade, 1815.
- An Essay on the Production of Wealth, 1821.
- Letters on Commercial Policy, 1833.
- On Wages and Combination, 1834.
- The Principles and Practical Operation of Sir Robert Peel's Bill of 1844, 1844.
- Tracts on Finance and Trade, 1852.
Works about Torrens
- “Torrens, Robert,” in A Compendium of Irish Biography by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878).
- “Torrens, Robert (1780-1864),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.