Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: To||Robert Torrens
|Robert Richard TorrensColonel in Royal Marines, of Irish extraction; political economist, MP, owner of the influential Globe newspaper and prolific writer, father of the politician|
- The Economists Refuted; Or, An Inquiry Into the Nature and Extent of the Advantages Derived from Trade, 1808
- Celibia Choosing a Husband (1809), a novel
- An Essay on Money and Paper Currency, 1812. Internet Archive identifier : TORRENSRobert1812ANESSAYONMONEYANDPAPERCURRENCY
- An Essay on the External Corn Trade, 1815. Internet Archive identifier : essayonexternalc00torriala
- An Essay on the Production of Wealth, 1821. Internet Archive identifier : essayonproductio00torrrich
- Letters on Commercial Policy, 1833.
- On Wages and Combination, 1834. External transcription
- The Principles and Practical Operation of Sir Robert Peel's Bill of 1844, 1844. Internet Archive identifier : principlespracti00torrrich
- Tracts on Finance and Trade, 1852.
- Two speeches of Robert R. Torrens, Esq., M.P., on emigration, and the colonies, 1870 Internet Archive identifier : twospeechesofrob00torr
Works about Torrens
- "Torrens, Robert," in A Compendium of Irish Biography, by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878)
- "Torrens, Robert (1780-1864)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.