Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: To||Robert Torrens
|Robert Richard TorrensColonel in Royal Marines, of Irish extraction; political economist, MP, owner of the influential Globe newspaper and prolific writer, father of the politician|
- The Economists Refuted; Or, An Inquiry Into the Nature and Extent of the Advantages Derived from Trade, 1808
- Celibia Choosing a Husband (1809), a novel
- An Essay on Money and Paper Currency, 1812.
- The Victim Of Intolerance or the Hermit Of Killarney, 1814
- An Essay on the External Corn Trade, 1815.
- A paper on the means of reducing the poors rates, 1817
- A comparative estimate of the effects which a continuance and a removal of the restriction upon cash payments are respectively calculated to produce: with strictures on Mr. Ricardo's proposal for obtaining a secure and economical currency, 1819
- An Essay on the Production of Wealth, 1821.
- Letters on Commercial Policy, 1833.
- On Wages and Combination, 1834.
- Evidence in "Report from the Select Committee on Steam Carriages" (1834)
- Colonization Of South Australia, 1835
- A Letter to the Right Honorable Sir Robert Peel, Bart. Etc On the Condition of England, and on the Means of Removing the Causes of Distress, 1843
- Postscript to a Letter to the Right Hon. Sir Robert Peel on the condition of England, and on the means of removing the causes of distress, 1843
- A Letter to the Right Honorable Sir Robert Peel, Bart..., second edition, 1849
- The Budget: On Commercial and Colonial Policy, 1844
- The Principles and Practical Operation of Sir Robert Peel's Bill of 1844, 1844.
- Tracts on Finance and Trade, 1852.
- Two speeches of Robert R. Torrens, Esq., M.P., on emigration, and the colonies, 1870
Works about Torrens