Author:Robert William Burnie
|←Author Index: Bu||Robert William Burnie
English barrister-at-law, Middle Temple
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "R. W. B."
- The Criminal Law Amendment Act, 1885. With introduction, commentary and forms of indictments (1885)
- A Critical Examination of the Opinion of the English Archbishops concerning incense and processional lights. (1899)
- Intercommunion with the Eastern Orthodox Church: the schism between East and West and the possible healing (1915)
- The Russian church; lectures on its history, constitution, doctrine and ceremonial. Pref. by the Lord Bishop of London. (1915)
- “Thomas, Sidney Gilchrist,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- Memoir and letters of Sidney Gilchrist Thomas, inventor (1891) 
- The Catholic Brief Against Sir William Harcourt and Others: An Argument to Demonstrate that Ancient Ceremonial and Reservation of the Sacrament are Lawful by Statute in the Church of England (1899)
Works about Burnie
- "Death: Rev. Robert William Burnie" in The Times (1933)
- “Burnie, Robert William,” by Foster, J. in Men-at-the-Bar, London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)