|←Author Index: Ad||Samuel Adams
|American Statesman, political philosopher and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States|
- American Independence, August 1, 1776.
- “Adams, Samuel” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- “Adams, Samuel,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- Harry A. Cushing, “Adams, Samuel,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Adams, Samuel” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Adams, Samuel,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Adams, Samuel” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Adams, Samuel,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
- § 6. Samuel Adams. by William MacDonald in Book I, Chapter VIII, of The Cambridge History of American Literature, (1917-1921)