Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Purchas his Pilgrimage, or Relations of the World and the Religions observed in all Ages and Places (1613) (external scan), (external scan)
- Purchas, his Pilgrim. Microcosmus, or the histories of Man. Relating the wonders of his Generation, vanities in his Degeneration, Necessity of his Regeneration, (1619)
- Hakluytus Posthumus or Purchas his Pilgrimes, contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and Lande Travells, by Englishmen and others (4 vols.), (1625)
- The latter reprinted in 1904–1905 with original volumes broken into over a dozen:
- Volume 12 (including the end of original edition's Volume 2 and the very beginning of Volume 3) (transcription project)
- The strange adventures of Andrew Battell. Reprinted from Purchas’ work 1901 (external scan)
- Theatre of Political Flying Insects, 1657
Works about Purchas
- "Purchas, Samuel," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Purchas, Samuel," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Purchas, Samuel," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Purchas, Samuel," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1891)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.