|←Author Index: Pu||Samuel Purchas
|English travel writer, probably born 1575 to 1577|
- Purchas his Pilgrimage, or Relations of the World and the Religions observed in all Ages and Places (1613)
- Purchas, his Pilgrim. Microcosmus, or the histories of Man. Relating the wonders of his Generation, vanities in his Degeneration, Necessity of his Regeneration, (1619)
- Hakluytus Posthumus or Purchas his Pilgrimes, contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and Lande Travells, by Englishmen and others (4 vols.), (1625)
- The latter reprinted in 1904–1905 with original volumes broken into over a dozen:
Works about Purchas
- “Purchas, Samuel,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Purchas, Samuel,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.