Author:Samuel Rawson Gardiner
- A History of England from the Accession of James I. to the Disgrace of Chief Justice Coke, 1603-1616 (1863) in 2 vols.
- Letters and Other Documents Illustrating the Relations Between England and Germany at the Commencement of the Thirty Years War (1865)
- Prince Charles and the Spanish Marriage (1869) in 2 vols.
- A History of England under the Duke of Buckingham and Charles I. 1624-1628 (1875) in 2 vols.
- The Personal Government of Charles I., 1628-1637 (1877) in 2 vols.
- The Fall of the Monarchy of Charles I., 1637-1642 (1881) in 2 vols.
- All reissued in 1883-84 as A History of England from the Accession of James I. to the Outbreak of the Civil War, 1603-1642
- History of the Great Civil War, 1642-49 (1880-91) in 3 vols.
- Revised and issued in 4 vols. as History of England
- The first two Stuarts and the Puritan Revolution, 1603-1660 (1895)
- History of the Commonwealth and Protectorate (1894-1901) in 3 vols.
- Outline of English History (three parts 1881-83)
- Student's History of England (three parts, 1891)
- School Atlas of English History
- The Constitutional Documents of the Puritan Revolution, 1625-1660 (1906)
Wrote volumes for "Epochs of Modern History Series" —
- The Thirty Years' War (1874)
- The First Two Stuarts (1876)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900
- Arabella Stuart
- Aston, Walter
- Bacon, Francis (1561-1626)
- Carr, Robert (d.1645)
- Cary, Lucius
- Charles I
- Chichester, Arthur (1563-1625)
- Conn, George
- Dering, Edward (1598-1644)
- Devereux, Robert (1591-1646)
- Digby, John
- Eliot, John (1592-1632)
- Graham, James (1612-1650)
- Hamilton, James (1606-1649)
- Hay, James
- Henrietta Maria
- James VI and I
- Laud, William
- Macdonald, Alexander (d.1647)
- O'Neill, Owen Roe
- Pym, John
- Villiers, George (1592-1628)
- Wentworth, Thomas (1593-1641)
- Williams, John (1582-1650)
- Yelverton, Henry
- "George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham", in Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed., Vol. IV, 1878, pp. 417–419.
- [VIII.The Stuart Monarchy, the Great Rebellion and the Restoration (1603–1689); IX. The Revolution and the Age of Anne (1689–1714); X. The Hanoverian Kings (1714–1793)]
- (in part)
- (in part)
Works about Gardiner
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse