Author:Samuel Rawson Gardiner
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ga||Samuel Rawson Gardiner
|The English Historical Review English historian; Professor of History, King's College London; Fellow of Merton College, Oxford; editor of |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "S. R. G."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "S. R. G."
- A History of England from the Accession of James I. to the Disgrace of Chief Justice Coke, 1603-1616 (1863) in 2 vols.
- Letters and Other Documents Illustrating the Relations Between England and Germany at the Commencement of the Thirty Years War (1865)
- Prince Charles and the Spanish Marriage (1869) in 2 vols.
- A History of England under the Duke of Buckingham and Charles I. 1624-1628 (1875) in 2 vols.
- The Personal Government of Charles I., 1628-1637 (1877) in 2 vols.
- The Fall of the Monarchy of Charles I., 1637-1642 (1881) in 2 vols.
- All reissued in 1883-84 as A History of England from the Accession of James I. to the Outbreak of the Civil War, 1603-1642
- History of the Great Civil War, 1642-49 (1880-91) in 3 vols.
- Revised and issued in 4 vols. as History of England
- The first two Stuarts and the Puritan Revolution, 1603-1660 (1895)
- History of the Commonwealth and Protectorate (1894-1901) in 3 vols.
- Outline of English History (three parts 1881-83)
- Student's History of England (three parts, 1891)
- School Atlas of English History
- The Constitutional Documents of the Puritan Revolution, 1625-1660 (1906)
Wrote volumes for "Epochs of Modern History Series" —
- The Thirty Years' War (1874)
- The First Two Stuarts (1876)
Contributions to the Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900
- Arabella Stuart
- Aston, Walter
- Bacon, Francis (1561-1626)
- Carr, Robert (d.1645)
- Cary, Lucius
- Charles I
- Chichester, Arthur (1563-1625)
- Conn, George
- Dering, Edward (1598-1644)
- Devereux, Robert (1591-1646)
- Digby, John
- Eliot, John (1592-1632)
- Graham, James (1612-1650)
- Hamilton, James (1606-1649)
- Hay, James
- Henrietta Maria
- James VI and I
- Laud, William
- Macdonald, Alexander (d.1647)
- O'Neill, Owen Roe
- Pym, John
- Villiers, George (1592-1628)
- Wentworth, Thomas (1593-1641)
- Williams, John (1582-1650)
- Yelverton, Henry
- "George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham", in Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed., Vol. IV, 1878, pp. 417–419.
- [VIII.The Stuart Monarchy, the Great Rebellion and the Restoration (1603–1689); IX. The Revolution and the Age of Anne (1689–1714); X. The Hanoverian Kings (1714–1793)]
- (in part)
- (in part)