Author:Sidney Oldall Addy
(Redirected from Author:Sidney Addy)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ad||Sidney Oldall Addy
|English solicitor, folklore historian. |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "S. O. A."
- Historical Memorials of Beauchief Abbey (1878)
- A glossary of words used in the neighbourhood of Sheffield (1888) (external scan)
- The Hall of Waltheof (1893)
- Household Tales and Traditional Remains (1895) (external scan)
- Garland day at Castleton Folk-Lore 12 (1901) 394-428
- Guising and Mumming in Derbyshire, Derbyshire Archaeology and Natural History Society Journal 29 (1907), 31-42.
- Church and Manor: A Study in English Economic History (1913) (external scan)
- The Evolution of the English House (1923)
- Folk Tales and Superstitions
- “Balguy, Charles,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works about Addy