Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sm||Sydney Smith
|Edinburgh Review, and its first editor.English writer and clergyman. A founder of the|
- Fallacies of Anti-Reformers
- Six Sermons, preached at Charlotte Chapel, Edinburgh (1800)
- Sermons (1801) (external scan)
- Letters on the Subject of the Catholics to my brother Abraham, who lives in the Country, by Peter Plymley (1808) (external scan)
- Two Volumes of Sermons (1809), in 2 vols.
- Letter to the Electors on the Catholic Question (1808)
- Three Letters to Archdeacon Singleton (1839)
- Ballot (1839)
- The Works of Sydney Smith (1839), in 3 vols.
- A Fragment on the Irish Roman Catholic Church (1845) (external scan)
- Sermons at St. Paul's, the Foundling Hospital, and several churches in London (1846)
- Elementary Sketches of Moral Philosophy (1850)(external scan)
Works about Smith
- "Smith, Sydney," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Smith, Sydney," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Smith, Sydney," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Smith, Sydney," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)