|←Author Index: Wi||Theodore Winthrop
|Winthrop was an American adventurer, soldier, and author. He was one of the earliest casualties of the American Civil War.|
- The Canoe and the Saddle – An account of the author’s adventures in Washington Territory in 1853
- “A Partial Vocabulary of the Chinook Jargon” – An addendum to The Canoe and the Saddle
- Isthmiana – An account of the author’s adventures in the Isthmus of Panama. Published with The Canoe and the Saddle
- Cecil Dreeme – A novel
- John Brent – A novel
- Edwin Brothertoft – A novel
- Life in the Open Air and other papers – An anthology of the author’s short works
- “Winthrop, Theodore,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Winthrop, John,” in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889) Section on Theodore is written by Arthur Elmore Bostwick.