Author:Thomas Adolphus Trollope
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Tr||Thomas Adolphus Trollope
|Frances Trollope, brother to Anthony Trollope, and husband of Frances Eleanor TrollopeEnglish author; son of|
- A Summer in Brittany, edited by
- A Summer in Western France, edited by (1841)
- Impressions of a Wanderer in Italy, Switzerland, France, and Spain (1850)
- The Girlhood of Catherine de' Medici (1856)
- A Decade of Italian Women (1859) 2 vols. 8vo. One of the lives, that of Vittoria Colonna (the widow of the imperialist General Pescara), was published separately at New York in 1859.
- Tuscany in 1849 and 1859 London, (1859)
- Filippo Strozzi: A History of the Last Days of the Old Italian Liberty (1860)
- Paul V the Pope and Paul the Friar: A Story of an Interdict (1860)
- "Tuscan Nooks and Bye-Paths" in Once a Week, Series 1, IV (1861)
- La Beata: A Novel (1861) 2 vols. 8vo; 2nd ed. 1861; 3rd ed. 1862 (with new sub-title, ‘A Tuscan Romeo and Juliet’), and 1865.
- Marietta: A Novel (1862) addl. eds. 1866 and 1868
- A Lenten Journey in Umbria and the Marches of Ancona (1862)
- Giulio Malatesta: a Novel (1863), and 1866.
- Beppo, the Conscript (1864), 1868 and 1869.
- Lindisfarn Chase (1864); 3rd ed. 1866.
- A History of the Commonwealth of Florence from the Earliest Independence of the Commune to the Fall of the Republic in 1531(1865) 4 vols.
- Gemma: a Novel (1866) and 1868
- Artingale Castle (1867) 3 vols.
- Dream Numbers (1868) and 1869
- Leonora Casaloni, or The Marriage-Secret (1869) 2 vols.
- The Garstangs of Garstang Grange (1869) 3 vols.
- A Siren (1870) 3 vols.
- Durnton Abbey: A Novel (1871) 3 vols.
- The Stilwinches of Combe Mavis: A Novel (1872) 3 vols.
- Diamond Cut Diamond (1875) 2 vols.
- The Papal Conclaves, as They Were and as They Are (1876)
- A Peep Behind the Scenes at Rome (1877)
- The Story of the Life of Pius the Ninth (1877) 2 vols.
- A Family Party in the Piazza of St. Peter, and Other Stories (1877) 3 vols.
- Sketches from French History (1878)
- What I Remember (1887) 2 vols.; a third volume appeared in 1889 as ‘The Further Reminiscences of Mr. T. A. Trollope.’
Works about Trollope
- "Trollope, Thomas Adolphus," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.