Author:Thomas Burnet (1635-1715)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Bu||Thomas Burnet
- Telluris Theoria Sacra, orbis nostri originem et mutationes generales quas aut jam subiit aut olim subiturus est complectens (1681), in 2 vols.
- The theory of the earth: containing an account of the original of the earth, and of all the general changes which it hath already undergone, or is to undergo, till the consummation of all things. The two first books, concerning the deluge and concerning paradise (1684)
- The theory of the earth: containing an account of the original of the earth, and of all the general changes which it hath already undergone, or is to undergo till the consummation of all things. The two last books, concerning the burning of the world, and concerning the new heavens and new earth (1687)
- Archæologiæ Philosophicæ sive doctrina antiqua de rerum originibus (1692)
- Ad clarissimum virum A.B.
- Remarks upon Locke's Essay (1697), (anon.)
- Second Remarks (1697)
- Third Remarks (1699)
- De Fide et Officiis Christianorum (1722)
- De Statu mortuorum et resurgentium (1722)
- The Demonstration of true religion, in a chain of consequences from certain and undeniable principles (1726), in 2 vols.
Works about Burnet
- Life of Dr Burnet (1759), by Ralph Heathcote
- "Burnet, Thomas (1635?-1715)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Burnet, Thomas," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Burnet, Thomas," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)