Author:Thomas Campbell (1777-1844)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Thomas Campbell.
|←Author Index: Ca||Thomas Campbell
|Scottish poet, belonging to the literary circle of Sir Walter Scott.|
- Gertrude of Wyoming
- Lord Ullin's Daughter
- Song to the Evening Star
- The Battle of the Baltic
- The Last Man
- The Pleasures of Hope
- The Rainbow
- Ye Mariners of England
- The Soldier's Dream
- O'Connor's Child
- Dirge of Wallace
Works about Campbell
- “Campbell, Thomas,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- "Mr. Campbell and Mr. Crabbe," by William Hazlitt. Essay in The Spirit of the Age.
- “Thomas Campbell,” in The Maclise Portrait-Gallery by William Bates, illustrated by Daniel Maclise, London: Chatto and Windus (1883).
- “Campbell, Thomas (1777-1844),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Campbell, Thomas” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911