Author:Thomas Davies (1712-1785)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Da||Thomas Davies
|Scottish bookseller, actor and author|
- William Browne (1772)
- Sir John Davies (1773)
- Miscellaneous and Fugitive Pieces (1773), in 2 vols.
- Eachard (1774)
- Lillo's dramatic works, with memoirs of the author (1775) in 2 vols. Scan is of the 1810 edition) (external scan)
- Massinger, with some account of his life and writings prefixed (1779)
- Memoirs of the Life of David Garrick, Esq. (1780), in 2 vols.
- Dramatic Miscellanies, consisting of critical observations on several plays of Shakespeare, with a review of his principal characters and those of various eminent writers, as represented by Mr. Garrick and other celebrated comedians. With anecdotes of Dramatic Poets, Actors, &c. (1785), in 3 vols.
Works about Davies
- "Davies, Thomas (1712?-1785)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.