Author:Thomas Embly Osmun
|←Author Index: Os||Thomas Embly Osmun
|American author; pseudonym Alfred Ayres|
- The Verbalist (1881) (External scan)
- Ayres, Alfred (1880). The orthoepist: A pronouncing manual, containing about three thousand five hundred words, including a considerable number of the names of foreign authors, artists, etc., that are often mispronounced. NY: Appleton.
- Ayres, Alfred (1882). The verbalist: A manual devoted to brief discussions of the right and wrong use of words and to some other matters of interest to those who would speak and write with propriety. NY: Appleton.
- Ayres, Alfred (1883). The English grammar of William Cobbett. Carefully revised and annotated by Alfred Ayres. NY: Appleton
- Ayres, Alfred (1884). The mentor: A little book for the guidance of such men and boys as would appear to advantage in the society of persons of the better sort. NY: Funk and Wagnals
- Ayres, Alfred (1886). The essentials of elocution. NY and London: Funk and Wagnalls Co. (Revised in 1897)
- Ayres, Alfred (1894) Acting and actors, elocution and elocutionists: A Book about theatre folk and theatre art. NY Appleton
- Ayres, Alfred (1901). Some ill-used words. New York: D. Appleton.
- Ayres, Alfred (1903). Acting and actors, elocution and elocutionists: A book about theater folk and theater art, by Alfred Ayres [pseud.] with preface by Harrison Grey Fiske, introduction by Edgar S. Werner, prologue by James A. Waldron. D. Appleton, 2d ed., with supplement.