Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A Vindication of the Autographs of Sir Roger de Coverley's "Perverse Widow " and her "Malicious Confident" from a disparaging statement thrown out in the "Athenæum, Bristol , 8vo.
- Saint Ewen, Bristol and the Welsh Border, circiter A.D. 577–926, Bristol, 1875, 8vo.
- A Primeval British Metropolis, with some Notes on the Ancient Topography of the South-Western Peninsula of Britain, Bristol, 1877, 8vo, Revised and re-edited, with additions, under the title of Caer Pensaualcoit, a long-lost Unromanized British Metropolis, London, 1882, 8vo.
- Traces of the Ancient Kingdom of Damnonia, outside Cornwall, in remains of Celtic Hagiology, London, 1878, 8vo.
- Vestiges of the Supremacy of Mercia in the South of England during the Eighth Century, Bristol, 1879, 8vo.
- The Word "Metropolis."' 'The Ancient Word "Anglo-Saxon."' 'Anglo-Saxon Bristol and Fossil Taunton. Three essays, Bristol, 1880, 8vo.
- The Celtic Substratum of England, London, 1883, 8vo.
- The Liberty of Independent Historical Research, London, 1885, 8vo.
- This is a somewhat caustic attack upon the office of her majesty's inspector of ancient monuments and on a preliminary report entitled Excavations in the Fen Pits, Penselwood, Somerset, issued by the first holder of the office, General A. Pitts-Rivers.
- Gyfla, the Scir or Pagis of the Ivel Valley, Somerset, 1887, 8vo.
- Saint Richard the king of Englishmen and his territory, A.D. 700-720 (privately printed), 1890.