Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Nu||Thomas Nugent
(c. 1700 – 1772)
|Irish travel writer and translator|
- The New System, or Proposals for a General Peace upon a solid and lasting Foundation; with a Prefatory Discourse by the Translator on the horrid Consequence of the present Wicked and Unnatural Rebellion (1746)
- ''Critical reflections on poetry, painting and music: with an inquiry into the rise and progress of the theatrical entertainments of the ancients (1748), by Jean-Baptiste Dubos (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Principles of Natural Law by Jean-Jacques Burlamaqui (1748)
- The Spirit of Laws by Charles-Louis de Secondat, baron of Montesquieu (1752)
- Principles of Politic Law by Jean-Jacques Burlamaqui (1752)
- Essay on the Origin of Human Knowledge by Étienne Bonnot de Condillac (1756)
- Chronological Abridgement of the Roman History by Philippe Macquer (1759)
- Essay on Universal History: the Manners and Spirit of Nations from the Reign of Charlemaign to the Age of Lewis XIV by Voltaire (1759), in 4 vols.
- Chronological Abridgment of the History of France by Charles-Jean-François Hénault (1762)
- Emilius, or an Essay on Education by Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1763), in 2 vols.
- New Observations on Italy by Pierre Jean Grosley (1769), in 2 vols.
- Autobiography by Benvenuto Cellini (1771), in 2 vols.
- Tour to London, or New Observations on England and its Inhabitants by Pierre Jean Grosley (1772), in 2 vols.
- Present State of Europe by Eobald Toze (1770), in 3 vols.
- History of the Famous Preacher-Friar, Gerund de Campazas, otherwise Gerund Zotes by Joseph Francisco de Isla (1772), in 2 vols.
Works about Nugent
- "Nugent, Thomas (1700?-1772)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.