- Structure of the Animal Kingdom
- The Natural History of Animals (Invertebrates only), being the substance of three Courses of Lectures as Fullerian Professor London, 1845–52, 8vo.
- The Aquarian Naturalist, a Manual for the Seaside London, 1858, 8vo, with coloured plates.
- The Animal Creation; a popular introduction to Zoology London, 1865, 8vo.
- The Natural History of Birds, a popular introduction to Ornithology London, 1867, 8vo.
- Mammalia: a popular introduction to Natural History London, 1873, 8vo.
Edited works and contributed to some works of Alfred Edmund Brehm
Works about Jones